Wednesday 18 June 2014

THE WAITING ROOM....

“Welcome ma’am; please kindly have a seat” a young man with a soothing voice said and gestured to the sofa nearby. “Thank you very much”, I muttered audibly as I sat down in the large airy room, which provided a spectacular view of the city.  As I got comfortable, and looked around, I realized there were so many people waiting to see the consultant. A look at the Clock on the wall and I noticed time was ticking by really fast; how long do I need to wait before it gets to my turn, I wondered.

“Be patient” I whispered to myself, while fidgeting and tapping my right foot endlessly. “Do I stay or do I go”; weighing the options and counting the costs. This meeting with the consultant was very important to me but I was getting really tired of waiting for what seemed like forever. As though he knew I was getting frustrated, I heard the young man ask “Coffee or Water ma’am”? To which I replied “Water”. He brought  a bottle of chilled water and pleaded with me to be patient. I thanked him sincerely and my wait continued.
Maybe it would have been easier to cozy up to the young man; flirt with him a little; flash a mega-watt smile or maybe give him a tip so he could let me beat the queue and see the consultant; but what would that say of me and my integrity? I wasn’t  better than those who were waiting in line; besides why the rush?, when we all will get a chance to meet with the expert, who listened attentively to every issue tabled before him and proffered life changing solutions. 
Despite these candid thoughts; I told the young man that I had to go and would be back another day. He felt disappointed and wished I could stay till it was my turn; but I didn’t want to hear any of it. I was tired of waiting and wanted to attend to other concerns. He brought out a diary and said “Since you insist, we would have to give you another appointment date”. Then it dawned on me that getting another date would mean starting all over again; because people had been booked on the new appointment date before me. I asked for some moments to weigh my options and then slipped into reality.
Many times we find ourselves waiting on God to fulfill a need or make a dream come true; we get so frustrated that we start to look for alternatives. We complain, we grumble and many times we walk away forgetting that the trial of our faith “worketh” patience (James 1:3). For every time we give up and move on , we lose the chance of getting our heart desires met ; like starting all over again. Can you trust God enough to wait on him, with the belief that when he gets to your turn, it would be an encounter that changes your life forever?
I know it’s tough to wait; be it at the Doctors, the Bank, Airport etc.  Believe me it’s tougher when you have to wait on God, especially since we are not privy to his Calendar and Clock of Life events and happenings. However God doesn’t need you to know the timing, he just needs you to STAND STILL or Sit Still whichever is comfortable for you. While you wait; look for something to do: like praising, praying, thanksgiving, etc.  Just like the way you while away time at the airport by reading a Magazine, or playing on your Ipad.
If you are already in Gods “Waiting Room” do not be in a hurry to leave until you have met with him. There is always a reward for Patience and Faith, because your ability to wait on God signifies your undying TRUST in his ability to come through for you at the appointed time.
Love
Kemi Gbadamosi

No comments:

Post a Comment