Thursday 21 February 2013

Going back to the Basics.......

In the wake of so many tragedies and sad stories; i thought it wise to do an appraisal of my life so far and my journey as a Christian. 

I wasn't too pleased with some of the discoveries i made about me , it was tough not to live in denial but after so much struggle, i decided to surrender totally and wholly  again . 

I sat down at work one day , and some words began to drop in my spirit, they were so real and boy! i had chills . I couldn't keep them to myself  because i had no rest trying to do so. 

 I decided to put them down on my blog, please read:



Friday, 15th February 2013 @ about 3pm (Malaysian time).....

I do not know how long i have left to live , for that is determined solely by God. 
We all have big dreams and hopes , but only God knows just how much , or how little of those we will achieve, before our time on earth is done.

Regardless, i have made a resolve to live my best life now. This minute; my best life to God and to man.  So if there is anyway i have hurt you , knowingly and otherwise, i sincerely ask that you forgive. 

It's time to make a U-turn, back to the old rugged cross in spirit and in truth. To be done with the hypocrisy and maliciousness , and embrace that which is true and just . I urge you all to do same.

Everyday , i am constantly reminded by the signs and stories around that we are not promised the next minute and it would do us all a lot of good , if we stop being lukewarm or having double standards; and start being the salt and light of the world , in words and in deeds.

It's no longer may i live long , but may i live right (a heart that is right with God)


I pray someone is stirred in the right direction through the words above, or is prompted to have that much needed meeting with themselves (as Joyce Meyer would say) and be honest enough to say , " I've screwed up and its time to do it right".


Love


Kemi Gbadamosi


2 comments:

  1. Wow...as always, your words are beautiful and inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Oto, i pray that God gives us the strength and will to live right.

      The world has gotten so scary , but our help is in the name of the Lord.


      Delete